CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'm a little rattled...

Yesterday, upon arriving at my librarian meeting, I learned that my school was broken into over the holidays. The three people that broke in stole over 180 laptops. To make matters worse, these laptops were being kept in my office in the library. The thieves dumped over all of the carts I had filled with books in order to help their robbing process go a little smoother. When I finally got to school yesterday afternoon, I saw the mess. It is crazy. It feels a little bit like someone broke into my house. We know a few more details but that is about it. We have a snow/ice day today so I can't even start cleaning it up yet. Not the best way to start off the new year.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

That stinks! I'm sorry to hear about the break in. Good luck with the clean up.

Anna said...

Thanks! I'm not looking forward to it, but want to just get it over with.

k8 said...

YUCK! Those dirty so and so's! I know it's hard to think about other people in your space touching your things. Just get it cleaned up and forget about them. I hope your school can replace the computers too. Good luck!