CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 27, 2009

Boston continued...

Saturday we spent going to Harvard and more of Boston. Vicky teaches a course at Harvard so mom and I wanted to see the campus. Plus I had to get a t-shirt. While we were there we stopped at Lush and awesome store where I bought a great lotion! Then to the gift shop where Vicky and my mom tried to convince me to buy a law school alum t-shirt.


Here I am with Mr. Harvard! I had to push through a bunch of tourists to get my chance up here.













Pretty campus! We were surprised there weren't more green spaces.







We headed back to Boston to see the Boston Public Library or the BPL as Vicky called it. She made sure I saw lots of libraries. Inside are murals done by John Singer Sargent, which were AMAZING!








My mom knocking on the door in the mural room. No one was home.











My mom and I in the courtyard of the BPL.








Woohoo! Boston Marathon!








Swan boats in the Boston Garden. While sitting here we saw 4 different wedding parties taking pictures.








Sunday
Sunday we headed to Concord, Massachusetts. We stopped at the Concord Museum, Orchard House, and the North Bridge.


Mom and Vicky walking in front of the Concord Museum. It was really interesting. I didn't realize that Louisa May Alcott, Ralph Waldo Emerson, and Henry David Thoreau were all from this area. We didn't make it to Walden Pond.






Hysterical picture that we saw in the museum. This is a little girl named Annie. We think there was something wrong with her or the artist was terrible. Her eyes followed us. I don't think she appreciated being laughed at.









Orchard House, or the house of Louisa May Alcott. This house was what the house in Little Women was based upon. This was by far my favorite part of the trip. Louisa's novel was largely based on her family and over 80% of the items in the house belonged to the family.








Orchard House








Me in front of Mr. Alcott's school. He was a huge part of reforming education in this country. I was amazed that a lot of the things he helped to change we still do today. What a cool guy!







Me in front of Ralph Waldo Emerson's house.










Me on the North Bridge, where the Revolutionary War began.











Sorry for so many pictures! Coming soon-pics from the All-Star race and Jammin' at the Zoo!

0 comments: