CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 23, 2010

aaaaahhhhh, FREAK OUT!

So, it just hit me that I've signed up to do 3 races in 3 weekends in October. A half the first weekend in October, a 5K the next weekend, and a 10K the following weekend. Now, if I had continued to run consistently after my last half then this would be no big deal. But reality is tapping me on the shoulder to remind me that I've BARELY run since then. I've run some long runs on the weekends, but not much during the week. I have no stinking clue how I'm going to do this. Ok, I lied, I do know what my plan is going to be:
1. Drink lots of water (starting now) so that I'll be good and hydrated for race days.
2. Eat as cleanly as possible so that I don't have a bunch of yuck fueling my body.
3. Get my rear in gear and start running in the mornings.
4. Prayer, and lots of it!
5. Focus on one race at a time and not run for a time. Basically, don't die and be able to walk across the finish line.

The good news is I have a wedding the first weekend of November so perhaps I'll be skinny, er, in better shape than I am now.

0 comments: