CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 15, 2008

Gotta Go, Gotta Go, Gotta Go Right Now

Today concluded the first week of school with students attending. So far, things have been going pretty well. My computer system hasn't been updated to include the 6th graders or any new students so I have to hand write all of their info down when they check out books, but it is completely doable considering what I went through last year.

We had 6th and 8th grade assemblies in the library so that is always a good time. Cramming 180 students in a library is super fun. They handled it pretty well, and I do enjoy seeing the assemblies-just not the exact same assembly twice. I have one more to live through on Monday for the 7th graders and then they are done for at least a while. I'm looking forward to getting into a routine.

The most exciting part of today was that we had no water for half of the school day. They are doing some construction outside of our building and hit a water main. It is quite a sight to see your principal dressed very nicely hauling in buckets of water into the bathroom so the toilets flush. She stayed pretty positive and I'm glad today was Friday so it should be fixed by Monday.

On a sad note, one of our teachers had a seizure at school on Wednesday and ended up with a brain aneurysm. An ambulance came and took her to the hospital where she had to have emergency brain surgery. Yikes! She came through the surgery ok but lost most of her mobility on the right side of her body. Luckily she is young and fit, so recovery should hopefully be quick.

More later!

1 comments:

Joi said...

I'm glad school is going good so far!

And that is so sad about your co-worker...I hope she gets back to her old self soon.

Miss you ♥