CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

I'm in a New York state of mind...

Ok, I just realized it has been over a month since I last blogged. Shame on me! I'll try to do a better job at this since a know at least a couple of people read this.

I've been super busy since the last entry! Let's see, I finished summer school, went to NYC to visit my bestie Erin and my brother, and now I'm back at school for another year.

I had a fantastic time in NYC with Erin, Jered, and Brad. My hosts were all great and in spite of sweating profusely and never having ice in my water it was fun. Erin, Jered, and I went to see Spring Awakening and it was great. It took a little while for the show to sink in and for me to decide I loved it but I can't wait to see it when it comes to STL. I've been mildly obessed with the music since the show. If you've never heard of it, google it now...it won like 8 Tonys in 2007 and is based on a play written 100 years ago and was banned for being too racy. Crazy thing is...it is still racy in 2008! Erin, Jered, and I also went to Coney Island and rode the Wonder Wheel. I survived even though I am terrified of heights. Oh, and we also ate a hot dog at Nathan's. Brad and I went walking across the Brooklyn Bridge and to the Met. Both were amazing. I loved looking at the art and artifacts at the museum and probably could have stayed another 4 hours! I love visiting NYC and look forward to going again next year, if possible.

Now, I'm back at school. I'm exhausted and it feels like this should be the 4th week of school, not the 4th day of school. Kiddos are pretty much the same just a year older. I do have to say that the 6th graders seem to be awesome this year. Plus, some of them are so stinkin' tiny that you just want to, as my friend here at work said, pick 'em up and put 'em on your hip.

More later!

0 comments: