CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Have I ever told you how much I love bread?

Alright, I know I haven't blogged in a while...ok more like a couple of weeks... but I've been waiting for some news. And I'm glad I waited because there is a lot!


1. My brother had some very exciting news but I'm trying to keep my big trap shut for once and not blab to everyone. I've been waiting for some FB activity about it but nothing so far.


2. My dear friend Joi has become a celebrity pretty much overnight. She was selected to be in St. Louis magazine based on her AH-MAZING decorating skills and beautiful home. Her home will be featured in the December issue. But that isn't all! She was also flown to NYC (cue Empire State of Mind) to be a guest on the....wait for it....Nate Berkus Show! Yes, Joi is now a print and television star! I could not be more happy for her! Read all about it here: http://daveandjoi.blogspot.com/


3. I had the opportunity to take a group of 14 students next door to the high school to meet James Dashner. Probably means nothing to the one reader who actually reads this blog, but he is a young adult author who I think is pretty cool. He did not disappoint and we got our picture taken with him.!
4. I finally figured out the answer to all of my fatigue and crappy moods. I know I alluded to it previously, but I've been feeling lousy for a long time now. Not only have I been tired but I was beginning to feel a little depressed. Not slit my wrists depressed, but I knew that something wasn't right and it wasn't just because I'm tired, stressed at work, overweight, or single (although all of those things didn't help, I suppose). Enter Dr. Dinkelmann from Dinkelmann Health Center. He's a lovely South African chiropractor who had my hair analyzed to determine why I feel so bad. Turns out I'm hypglycemic in addition to some other stuff going on. Now I must eat 6 times a day, eat meat (I don't even like typing the word meat much less eat it), take some supplements, and pretty much never eat a piece of bread, candy, cake, or any other sugary, carby treat again. This is devastating to me and I'm attempting to adjust.
Ok, so this post is getting extremely long and if you made it this far you deserve some sort of award. I'm going to continue with more info regarding my doctor's visit later....

2 comments:

Joi said...

Anna! No bread...that's enough to send me into a depression!

I miss you, girl. Let's get lunch and gossip. : )

LOVE you!

Anna said...

I know! It is depressing! I do cheat a little though! Lunch sounds fabulous-let's pick a date!