CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 9, 2011

29 Gifts Day 1 Do-over

I haven't been very successful in my resolution to give 29 Gifts in 29 days. Part of the 29 Gifts movement is to intentionally give a gift each day for 29 days in succession. I missed some days so I'm starting over.

Yesterday, I made a recommittment. I went to freerice.com, an awesome site! Freerice.com has many different games you play and every time you get an answer right, they donate 10 grains of rice to help end hunger. I donated over 1,000 grains yesterday in just a very short amount of time.

After reading more about freerice.com, I found that they have donated to places like Uganda, Myanmar, Nepal, Bhutan, Cambodia, and Bangladesh. Each person receives 400 grams of rice a day (there are about 48 grains of rice in each gram). This is enough for them to have two good meals.

Please go to freerice.com....I have a couple of links on the side of the blog...have fun and do some good!

0 comments: