CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, New Me

As I'm sure most bloggers are doing I'm evaluating the last year of my life and making resolutions for the new year. I've decided to not reflect on the past and look to the future.

Here are my resolutions for 2011:

1. Truly embrace the 29 Gifts movement and spend my January focusing on others and not myself. I read 29 Gifts quite a while ago and attempted to try it and failed. My aim is to blog everyday about each of the gifts I give so that I hold myself accountable and share what I'm doing with others to inspire them.

2. Get healthy. I refuse to say lose weight. I truly hope that getting healthy means that I lose weight (at least 40 lbs), but I really want to make sure that I'm focusing on the right thing here. I went to the chiropractor about 3 months ago and have promptly NOT followed most of his advice for me. I'm going to resolve to follow the Page Diet and get myself together. Finally.

3. Run at least one more half-marathon. And by run, I actually mean run one and not walk most of it. I'm looking at either the Go! STL (April-which means I better get my buns out there and run!!!) or the Rock'n'Roll in October (better but means I have to run in the dreaded hot summer months).

4. Get into school and start my MLS degree!

5. Volunteer more. I love to volunteer, but have found my lack of time, motivation, or a cause that is near and dear to me keeping me from doing it more often. So, I vow to find time, motivation, and a cause and get busy.

I feel like all of these resolutions are definitely doable.

Cheers to the New Year and keeping resolutions!

1 comments:

Joi said...

They ARE doable! Glad you're not taking the advice of that chiropractor. That was way weird.

Love you, Anna girl!