CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 13, 2011

Clang, Clang, Clang went the trolley....

I belong to our local chapter of Junior League. When I was first invited to join League, I envisioned stuck up ladies who lunch. Couldn't be further from the truth. While most of the women are married with kids, a large majority are professional women.



Anyway, yesterday was the first meeting of the provisional class or the potential new members. Being a board member this year, I decided I should make an appearance. Part of this meeting was going over info about Junior League and the other half was a trolley tour of our town!



We spent two hours on the trolley enjoying the sights, history, and some mimosas! Overall it was a fun time and every time I go on the trolley tour I end up learning something new.




Our claim to fame is that we are the home of the World's Tallest Man, Robert Wadlow. He died at age 22 from complications of an infection in 1940. He was 8' 11.1" tall. This was the only time we actually got out of the trolley so it is also the only picture I have.


Today, I taught my first day of summer school. Instead of being the librarian like I usually am during the school year, I am teaching an orientation for incoming 6th graders. Boy, these kiddos have a million questions! I forgot how inquisitive they are and also how needy they are. It is nice to get to know these kids before the year starts, but I think I'll really appreciate my job after this!


1 comments:

Lauren said...

Lol! I totally remember the Gentle Giant!