CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Alright snow, you've made your point!

Yeesh! I am really beginning to HATE snow. I never really liked it before but now I REALLY don't! We have had yet another snow day today. What is with this stupid weather? It was over 70 degrees on Sunday and now here it is Tuesday and snowing at least 6 inches. That means 3 extra days at the end of the year. With summer school, I may not get a summer break!

On to better things...have I mentioned how cool my job is lately? We held our very first poetry slam on Friday and it was an incredible success. I was in charge of coordinating it (given about a month to plan and no ideas of how to pull it off). I was a little stressed, but shouldn't have been. These students continue to amaze me with their awesome talent. I am so proud to be working at a school where the teachers not only support each other (special thanks to our SAIL teacher and wonderful music teachers, not to forget our lovely FACS teacher who just talked to me so I couldn't freak out) and the students but the students encourage and are supportive of each other. To see students screaming and cheering for a particular student gave me chills. I can't wait to make it even better next year. It is a shame our central office doesn't see things that way.

Now for some prayer requests...
1. My friend at church is going through some "female problems" and needs any encouraging thoughts and prayers for no pain as they figure out what to do. Pray for her family too because they have lost 3 people in their family in the span of less than a year and she has three young children and a husband at home taking care of her.
2. My best friend's grandma just found out that she has cancer and needs any healing prayers. Please also pray for the entire family as this will be difficult for all of them.

1 comments:

Joi said...

hi anna!

glad your poetry thing was a success! that's awesome :-)

and a big thanks for the prayer request.

i love you ♥

joi