CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 27, 2008

Just Call Out My Name...

As I've been working at another school this summer as well as my own I've had the opportunity to meet some very interestingly named students. And by meet I actually mean I looked at the school's roster while doing fine lists and wrote down the most unusual.

Here are my favorites from this school along with my commentary:

**Loreal (I had to look this up on the internet to make sure that this indeed was how you spelled the cosmetics company. Yep, sure is. I hope their siblings are named Maybelline and Cover Girl.)

** Vesta (not sure why I find this so unusual but I think it reminds me of Vespa)

**Tanneko (I feel like this has an Asian flair to it but have no idea if this person is Asian---knowing the school's population-nope.)

**Major (This kid is a Jr. so I find it extra funny. Are his siblings named Minor, Sergeant, Captain, etc?)

**Melchizedek (no idea how to prnounce this)

**Alvin (and the Chipmunks?????)

**Tequila (always amusing when people name their children after alcohol)

**Stone

**Goldie (this is a boy. He does have golden locks though.)

Fun times....what are some odd names you've encountered?

1 comments:

The Juggling Francophile said...

When I subbed, there was a young man named Britni.

Poor guy. I thought he was being a smart a-- and pretending to be a classmate of his. He seemed used to it, though, and was really cool about it.

I guess you'd have to be with a name like that!