CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Rollin', rollin', rollin' down the river....

It seems my friend Kathy may be floating away soon. It seems that the river flooding may almost reach her apartment building. Poor Kathy has been away for a few days (or forever, it seems like she barely lives in her actual apartment) and this is what she comes home to see?! I had to break the news to her last night.

Meanwhile, I just finished reading a book called Love the One Your With by Emily Giffin. Not as good as her other books. It was about a married woman whose "one that got away" comes back into her life. Does she fall back in love with that guy or refuse to go down that road because she is in love with her husband. Don't get me wrong, this book was good, but I kind of got annoyed at Ellen because she was blinded by this blast from her past.

Well, the fam is gearing up for our family reunion in a couple of weeks. We are to wear family t-shirts and this has proven to be a lot more difficult than it should be. It has to be white and have our family name on it. Apparently, my dad is not known for anything in his family except the following: having a tapeworm, almost getting his finger sawed off (by my uncle), and almost dying from appendicitis. How do you put that on a t-shirt?

Off to read...

3 comments:

Joi said...

Yikes about Kathy's apartment!!!! Is everything going to be ok?

C said...

I have to say... I love Emily Giffin! I am still on the waiting list for her new book. AND I hear ya about the reunion shirts. Brian and I have to wear them to his reunion in July. You'll have to tell me how it goes Hope the flooding stays far away from you!

The Juggling Francophile said...

It's just amazing to read how far and wide the flooding has affected people's lives! I hope your home is still dry!

Your note about your family reunion, t-shirts, and and almost-lost finger SO reminds me of my family! The last family reunion I attended, every family had their own color tee (luckily ours was purple! score!) because there are 11 brothers and sisters in my dad's fam, and every single one of them had at least one kid (and then there are grandkids). So reunions are no small affair. And my own slick dad DID lose part of his index finger to a saw. That's something that gets joked around about a LOT :)

Happy summer, Anna!

~McCoy